Saturday, June 1, 2013

Inspired by Darcy

Hi,

Darcy has been inspiring us this week over at the paperartsy blog. Do go and have a look her work is amazing.

I decided to make some coasters like Darcy, but couldn't find any cork ones so ended up using bamboo ones instead. I started by putting some Fresco paints onto the coasters and then scraping down . Looks a bit of a mess here but stay with me.

Then I sprayed with Colourwash through stencils - now this is where I started not to like my coasters - I only have one colourwash which was Cranberry. This made my coasters pink! Then covered with Snowflake.

Then I stamped some JOFY stamped to the coasters and then once dry used baby wipes to rub back. Once dry I then covered with Satin Glaze - this caused the colourwash to run (will have to ask Darcy what she used), but still gave a nice effect. Then painted round then edges with Old Gold paint.





I think that they are too pink, but will have another go with a different colour spray.

Jo
x



6 comments:

  1. These are great, you could have tried another coat of white before stamping to see if that knocked back the pink. I used a glossy medium to seal mine, but I did have to brush it on carefully, an easier option would have been an acrylic spray varnish such as the ones made by Plasticote.

    I love your choice of stamps, especially the one with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really pretty, very effective stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, I discovered this morning when I tried to make Darcy's "wallpaper" most of my colour wash sprays are jammed.. I think the coasters look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab Jo, I had an attack of the pinkness with mine too so I just kept slapping the paint on. These stamps are great arn't they, they go with everything xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Jo
x